Points: 10 pts (individual task)
Due date: Mon, Nov 4 at 11:59 p.m.
Resources: Facebook, Instagram, Google, SproutSocial
Summary: Each team member will identify a minimum of 2 referral sources to share on your mock company’s digital channels throughout Campaign #1 and #2. L5 Tutorial Overview slide
As stated by CoSchedule, “Sharing others’ content is one of the best ways to show that you’re not all about you, and that you value a variety of perspectives beyond your own.”
For this assignment each person on the team will identify a minimum of TWO referral sources to share on your channels throughout Campaign #1 and #2. These can be blog posts, articles, infographics, quotes, memes, events, case studies, photos, or videos.
Search for influencers and referral sources within Facebook and Instagram, Google, or SproutSocial’s Publishing > Find Content feature
Steps for each person on the team:
- Access the L5 Tutorial shared doc in your team’s shared folder
- Identify 1-2 bloggers, journalists, or companies that have some context to your industry or company philosophy
- Visit their blog, site, or social channels and identify at least TWO pieces of content you can share on your mock company’s Facebook and Instagram feed
- Within your shared doc – complete your portion of the table provided to note the referral source, post type, context to accompany shared content, and link/screenshot of art
- Once you have identified the curated content you will share, work together to schedule the publishing of these posts through SproutSocial – or directly to your Facebook or Instagram feed.
Shared Team Folders:
Turn it in
Once your doc is complete and ALL team members have contributed – turn the assignment in:
- Blackboard > Lesson 5 > Assignment Dropboxes > L5 Tutorial
- “Share” your L5 Tutorial shared doc from Google Drive
- Turn it in by Nov 4 but you are encouraged to complete it earlier so you can begin sharing the content during Campaign #1.
Note that if any person on the team fails to complete their portion of the table, that individual will get a 0 on the assignment.
For this task, I am going to pay close attention to the application of best practices for professional communicators in writing, editing, and use of format and style. I will focus on accuracy (spelling, grammar), formatting (layout), and completeness of the task.