Assignment Title: Status Report #2
Points: 15 pts
Due date: Wed, Sept 26 & Fri, Sept 28 (turn in to Blackboard by 9/28 at 11:59 p.m.)
Resources: Adobe Spark
Summary: The goal with your with status report #2 is to showcase your company foundation, logo and visual identity, target audience profile, and customer decision process grid.
Each team will create a 1-minute Spark Video that showcases the key elements of their company brand. The team will meet individually with the instructor for approximately 5 minutes during the class period to view the video, share their completed customer decision process table, their overall progress with the project, and ask any questions they have about the project.
Think of this task as creating a “dynamic mood board.” Here are some examples:
- :35 template example of what could go in each frame “generic”
- Launch of a visual identity re-design example for “Ameriland Group”
- General brand platform dynamic mood board for “Confection Connection”
- General brand platform dynamic mood board for “Buffalo Gals”
Here are some other examples of “static” mood boards to demonstrate different applications of color, fonts, texture, mood terms, etc. (reminder – the one you are producing must be a video with movement and sound)
- “Solid Wave” fashion design studio
- “Painting Grace” architecture and architecture design
- “For the home” interior design
Reference: Adobe Spark setup and high-level overview from Chris Cooney
Task 1: 1-minute Spark Video
Your video should incorporate all of the following elements:
- Company Name
- Company Mission
- Brand Position & Brand Promise
- Needs, Problems, Challenges
- Media Preferences
Visual Brand Identity:
- Photography style
- Graphic Elements
Task 2: Customer Decision Process
Print a copy of your completed table from Part 2 of your Semester Project to share with your instructor when you meet.
Task 3: Preparation for Review with Instructor
Meet with your team to review the video and customer decision process. Come to class prepared to discuss both of them with your instructor. Create a list of any questions your team has about the project or your progress so far.
Task 4: Meet with your instructor during class
Turn it in:
- Have one person on your team access the final video on Spark.
- Select the Share option and copy the URL
- Open Blackboard > navigate to Assignment Dropboxes and locate dropbox for Report #2
- Copy/paste the URL for the Spark Video into Blackboard
Your work will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Research and Preparation: Students demonstrate thoughtful preparation and research
- Content: Meets all the criteria for the assignment. All content is in the students’ own words (or cited appropriately) and is accurate.
- Complete and Thorough: All aspects and sections of the assignment are completed in full with no holes. Demonstrated the ability to research to complete all tables, templates or outline requirements
- Creativity: Students demonstrate creativity and innovation in completing the assignment content and any layout or design elements. The final product is unique, powerful, effective, and compelling.
- Delivery: Maintain audience interest, limit the use of notes, emphasize key points, and demonstrate knowledge of the material presented.
- Conventions: Presentation is easy to read, and all elements are very clearly written, labeled. The presentation has no misspellings or grammatical errors.