Points: 20 pts (team task)
Due date: Presentations will be delivered live in class on Wed, Sep 18 (all teams)
Resources: Google Slides, PowerPoint or another presentation tool
Summary: The purpose of the first status report is to reveal each team’s mock company ideas and concepts. Status Report #1 Overview slide
Status Report #1 is all about revealing mock companies! This is your team’s chance to celebrate and showcase who you are, what you do, who you serve and how you want to be perceived by your target audience. An outline for your report is provided but you can decide as a team how you want to present the information – slides, large printed banner or poster, handouts, whatever works for you. All 10 groups will present on the same day so reports cannot exceed 3-4 minutes.
Status Report Outline
- Introduce yourselves individually – name, team title (e.g. “research guru”, “master of video”), a brand that best represents your personality (e.g. Red Bull because I have high energy, Skittles because I like to keep things colorful)
- Reveal your mock company!
- Visual identity: Logo, font and color palette
- Your value proposition statement: For [target audience] who [statement of need or opportunity] our [product/service name] is that [statement of benefit]
- Trello: “Trello lets you work more collaboratively and get more done. Trello’s boards, lists, and cards enable you to organize and prioritize your projects in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.”
- Evernote: “Your notes. Organized. Effortless. Take notes anywhere. Find information faster. Share ideas with anyone. Meeting notes, web pages, projects, to-do lists – with Evernote as your note-taking app, nothing falls through the cracks.”
- Airbnb: “Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable.”
- Main goals and objectives
- Key competitors and what sets you apart
- Audience profile
Turn it in
- Have one person on your team access the Lesson 2 > Status Report 1 dropbox in Blackboard
- Copy/paste your presentation link or upload your doc
With Status Reports I am looking for thoughtful preparation and research, attention to detail, completion of task, creativity, and good energy. Presentations should be error-free and a demonstrated effort for solid delivery of information including maintaining audience interest and limited use of notes. Teams are also expected to stay on-brand and on-message relative to their mock company.