Points: 50 pts (team task)
Due date: Campaign implementation is approx. Mar 25-Apr 3. You will complete your metrics report in time for the instructor meet-ups that will be scheduled for the week of Apr 6-10
Resources: Google Docs, Google Slides, Canva, Adobe Spark, Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram
Summary: Campaign #1 digital content creation, campaign implementation, and metrics
Note: A TEMPLATE is provided for Part 4 using Google Slides. Access the template in your team’s shared Google folder.
In Part 4 you will implement, track, and measure campaign #1. Assignment components:
- Digital content creation and implementation (posting) for the list below. You must have all materials created, posted or distributed prior to Fri, Apr 3.
- Campaign metrics report
- Tutorial: Emails in Constant Contact
- Tutorial: Social Posts in Canva
- Tutorial: Social Posts in Adobe Spark
- Tutorial: Review of Digital Metrics for 310
- Tips: Blogging in Weebly
Step 1: Access your team’s shared Google Folder
Step 2: Campaign #1 Digital Content Creation and Implementation
Starting about Mar 25 you will initiate Campaign #1 digital content creation and implementation of digital content using the editorial calendar you created in Part 3 (placements of social media posts and blog posts between Mar 25 – Apr 3), in addition to creation one email in Constant Contact
Campaign #1 includes:
- 6 Facebook posts : Refer to your Part 3 editorial calendar for topics and assignments
- 6 Instagram posts: Refer to your Part 3 editorial calendar for topics and assignments
- 2 Weebly blog posts: Refer to your Part 3 editorial calendar for topics and assignments
- 1 Constant Contact Email : Topic for this email is your choice but should be in-brand, and in line with your campaign #1 messages. Refer to the tutorial for instructions.
- Incorporate an image header based on the theme and style you used for campaign #1
- A 100-word message relative to campaign #1
- A button with a call-to-action, prompting readers to visit your Campaign Landing Page.
- A disclaimer in the footer that this is a mock campaign: This email is part of a mock communication campaign created for educational purposes as part of COMSTRAT 310 Digital Content Promotion in The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication at Washington State University. A student team member sent this email to you as part of their team campaign.
- Distribute the email no later than Mon, Mar 30 so you have time to collect metrics.
Step 3: Campaign #1 Metrics
Throughout the campaign and upon completion, you will monitor, adjust, and report on campaign metrics for your website and blog, social media channels, and email. In addition to monitoring and tracking metrics, you will provide a reflection at the end of the campaign that articulates what you saw, what you learned, and what you will do differently for Campaign #2.
Around Apr 3 you will fill out your metrics summary sheet provided in the template. Completing this metrics sheet will be a guided activity by the instructor.
Summary of metrics you will track
- Web metrics using Google Analytics with an emphasis on audience behavior, traffic sources, visitor information, and best-performing pages
- Facebook activity using Facebook Insights including likes, shares, comments, and engagement
- Instagram activity including impressions, reach, and engagement
- Email performance using Constant Contact Reports for open rate, number of emails sent, bounces, opens, and click-thru rate.
- For screenshots on a PC – go to your start button > search for “snipping tool” > right-click and “pin to taskbar” > select the icon > use the “T” tool (plus sign) icon to make a box around the area you want to capture > save as jpeg or copy/paste into the slides. On a Mac – Command > Shift > 4 to grab a picture of just part of the screen
Step 4: Turn it in
- QA check your Part 4 template doc – make sure it is complete
- Open Blackboard > Assignments > Lesson 5 folder
- “Share” your Part 4 Google Slides from Google Drive
- Copy shared Google Slides link in Blackboard dropbox folder
For this task I am going to pay close attention to application of best practices for professional communicators in writing, editing, and use of format and style. I will focus on creativity, accuracy (spelling, grammar), formatting (layout), and completeness of the task.