Points: 10 pts (individual task)
Due date: Mon, Jan 27 at 11:59 p.m.
Summary: Create a flyer using Canva (Overview Slide)
Overview & Task
For this individual task, you will create a flyer (8.5x11ish) using Canva that showcases something personal and meaningful to you. Your goal is to tell a visual story – a piece that your instructor can review and understand without any additional backstory. You must include a minimum of 3 photos and use no more than two fonts. The length of copy will vary depending on your focus. Here are a few ideas as a focus for your flyer:
- “My semester highlights” with images and text showcasing events, activities, or memories from fall 2019
- “Holiday madness” with images and text highlighting your recent break
- “My crazy roommates (or friends, significant other, sibling, or family)” with images and text that highlight the story, fun, joy, nuttiness of the relationship
- “My favorite charity” with images and text that outlines why you are passionate about the charity, nonprofit or cause
- “I love sports” featuring images and text about your favorite athletic team(s)
- Other ideas? Feel free to have fun with it!
Turn it in
- Check your work for accuracy, completion of parameters, spelling, and grammar
- In Canva > download your file as a jpg, png, or pdf
- Log in to Blackboard > locate COMSTRAT 310 > Assignments > Creative Activity
- Select the dropbox for L0 Creative Activity and attach your artwork > Submit
Students will be graded for completion of the task with an emphasis in following instructions, overall quality, completeness, accuracy, and presentation value.